Competition Terms & Conditions
We’re not too keen on having to get all official about stuff like this, but, for clarity and transparency, here are our competition T&Cs.
Fonetti Young Authors’ Competition 2021
- Auris Tech Limited reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and prizes at any time.
- Submitting your entry constitutes your consent for us to use your entry, name, and photos for Marketing and/or publicity purposes should you be a winner or runner up.
- The competition is open to anyone up to the age of 18.
- A child may enter this competition multiple times, but the submission must be different each time.
- The winner will be chosen by the nominated judging panel, comprising Martin Roberts, Christina Gabbitas, Donavan Christopher, Kirsty Crommie, Suzie Lavington.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Entries must be received by 02 July 2021 at 12.00 midnight to be entered into the competition.
- Winners will be announced on Monday 12 July 2021.
- Submitted poems must have a word count of no more than 100 words.
- Submitted stories must have a word count of no more than 500 words.
- Auris Tech reserves the right to exclude an entry that exceeds the required word count.
- Auris Tech is not responsible for submissions that arrive damaged or corrupted which results in them being excluded from the competition.
- The prize is having the story or poem published on Fonetti, along with a signed copy of a book from Christina Gabbitas, and a signed copy of Clare Balding’s latest book “Fall Off, Get Back On, Keep Going”
- There will be one additional prize for a single primary school, that submits entries to the competition. This will be drawn at random from primary school entries, and comprises of one year of access to the Fonetti School Portal for the school.
- If a primary school already has a subscription to the Fonetti School Portal, their access will be extended by one year.
- The prizes are otherwise non-transferable and cannot be exchanged.
- The timescale for publishing any winning submission on Fonetti is at the discretion of Auris Tech.
- The copyright to the story, poem or submitted accompanying artwork will be owned by Auris Tech and there will be no royalty or payment payable to the author/creator.
- Auris Tech will reserve all the rights to select and commission the illustration work for publishing the story or poem on Fonetti.
- The authors (or parents on behalf of the minor) of the winning submissions will need to sign an IP document for the submissions to be published on the platform.
- By entering the competition entrants are deemed to have accepted the T’s and C’s.